Partial refunds available by the following schedule:
If cancellation notice is received before:
- (6 months) August 23, 2017 – full refund*
- (3 months) November 23, 2016 – full refund minus $25 cancellation fee*
- (2 months) December 23, 2016 – 50% refund*
- December 26th-race day – no refund guaranteed
*refund amount does not include online credit card processing fees paid to UltraSignUp
If forces beyond our control lead to the cancellation of this event, it is possible that you will receive no refund of your entry fee. We will, however, endeavor to issue refunds or make other compensation to the extent funds are available to do so.
The occurrences that can cause a race cancellation are not predictable. Cancellations could potentially occur when there is a serious threat to the safety of runners and volunteers such as forest fires, severe winter weather, tornadoes, or in the event of a national emergency. These generally occur with little advance notice. As race organizers, we are at the mercy of these events. Run LOViT Endurance Events is a volunteer, non-profit organization. Our events are costly because they provide quality support, apparel, and awards. We cannot absorb all of these costs and take the risk of cancellation by ourselves. Consequently, the effect of our policy is that the entrants to an event must share in the risk that it will be cancelled. Please understand this when you enter our event.
Here is the policy we expect to follow when a case is subject to cancellation. Each situation is different so these are only guidelines.
- Keeping You Informed: We will try to keep entrants informed when there is a potential for cancellation. We will likely use email, Facebook, Twitter and our website to do this.
- Reimbursement: In the event that a race is cancelled, we cannot promise any refund. We will first pay all outstanding bills associated with the event that we cannot cancel or legally avoid. If there is money left over after paying the expenses we have incurred, we will try to make a reimbursement to runners from the remaining entry fees available to us. The closer the cancellation is to the race date, the less likely there will be any reimbursement and if a race is stopped while in progress, there will be no reimbursement. If the amount of the refund is small, we may not bother with it, or we may only give credit toward future entry fees.
- Rescheduling: Rescheduling the event is unlikely given the complexity of putting on an ultra or trail run, and that there are other events scheduled for other weekends, but may be done on a case by case basis. If we do reschedule, we will not likely be able to give you a refund if you withdraw from the event.
If I need to cancel my entry due to injury, illness or scheduling conflict, can I get a refund?
See refund schedule above.